Sharing Jesus, Bringing Hope
Is caring deeply enough to reach out and help bring freedom.
Is giving true grace and love without fear and without expecting anything in return.
Is abandoning conceit and judgment, and instead seeing and championing the good in others.
A strength which shows respect and uncompromising tenderness.
Working persistently with God's agenda in God's time without hurry and stress.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
06 843 7955
Andrew and Sonja Mitchell
Andrew and his wife Sonja bring well-rounded pastoral experiences to Napier Baptist, including outreach ministries, relationship building with local community organisations, and establishing a church as a significant community hub. They have together been directly involved in church growth and programme developments, such as youth groups, internship programmes, home and study groups, all which support the congregation and its community to live meaningful God-centred lives.
Andrew and Sonja bring nine years of formalised pastoral work. They have been committed Christians all their lifetime.
Andrew and Sonja have six children and nine grandchildren.
Margaret has danced and taught Maths from Bolivia to Italy to Taiwan. She now grows orchids and tutors teenagers.
John is a retired project manager who loves cycling and is passionate about fitness.
Ruth has a lifetime experience in education and loves the outdoors.
Pat is a former business owner with a highly creative mind. She also has a passion for Golf in her spare time.
Napier Baptist Church is a member church of the Baptist Union Of New Zealand.
Napier Baptist Church has been sharing the good news of Jesus across our city for more than 130 years. The church was started in 1887 and is one of the early Baptist churches in the country.
The first church building was opened in 1888 in Hooper's Lane, Napier completely free of debt. The Napier Baptist Church buildings located on the corner of Clive Square and Tennyson Street were destroyed in the 1931 earthquake. The Church Building was rebuilt on this site. The congregation grew and thrived despite adversity. In 1968 the Church relocated to the current site on Riverbend Road.